Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Cheesy Zucchini

I am a picky eater. My husband and kids will eat most anything, but nearly all green or orange foods are not on my "like to eat" list. As an effort to eat healthier, I am trying to find new ways to eat my veggies. Here is one of my attempts to enjoy zucchini. With cheese. Which makes everything better.

Ingredients

3 zucchinis, grated in the food processor

Olive oil

1 c shredded Colby jack cheese

Salt

Cut off end of zucchini and grate in food processor. Feel free to use a hand grater if you don't have a food processor, it will just take longer.

Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil and heat for approximately 30 seconds until warm. Add zucchini to pan and stir occasionally until heated through.

Add 1 c shredded cheese, stirring it in as it melts. Salt to taste.

 

Well, this recipe was simple and fast, but I'm not sure that I like zucchini yet. A couple of learns: the zucchini was watery and I had to drain it before adding cheese. A quick search on the Internet yielded a great tip--squeeze out the excess water before cooking by wrapping the shredded zucchini in paper towels to blot moisture. This should help. It also seemed very mushy, so I may have over cooked it, although zucchini may just be a mushy vegetable. I have a few more recipes pinned for zucchini so I'll be posting more recipe attempts soon in the hope of finding a winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment