Thursday, August 2, 2012

Banana bread waffles

My kids will be the first to tell you I don't cook. I'm blessed with a husband who is an amazing cook and spoils me rotten with my picky eating habits, so I haven't really had to expand my culinary repertoire. But I love breakfast. I could eat breakfast foods every meal of the day. Brunch is my favorite! I've gotten more than my money's worth from our $20 Oster waffle maker from Target. Today I experiment with the waffle recipe on the Bisquick box that has my own additions.

Ever find yourself with one lone banana ready to turn black? Today I found a use for it, and it was yummy.


Ingredients

2 cups Bisquick

1 1/3 c. milk (I use whole, but whatever you like)

2 tbsp coconut oil

1 egg

1 overripe banana

1 tbsp sugar

1 tsp vanilla extract

 

Preheat waffle iron and spray lightly with Pam. Stir all ingredients together until blended. Pour onto center of hot waffle iron, close lid. I found that 3/4 cup of batter worked perfectly for an iron my size. Bake on high about 2 minutes or until "ready" light turns on. Open lid and carefully remove waffle, lifting edges with a fork.

Makes 6 waffles.

These turned out great! The banana flavor was subtle and worked well with the vanilla and sugar. You could add more banana to the batter for a stronger flavor, but you may need to add more milk if it gets too thick. I ate mine with butter and syrup, and it was delicious. I'd love to hear your favorite kinds of waffles so I can try those too!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment