Saturday, September 21, 2013

Honey Glazed Pork Loin




Pork is such a versatile meat, and fairly affordable.  On my quest to cook more, I picked up a few different cuts of pork on sale and will be trying some different recipes on the family.  Tonight I am making honey glazed pork loin from a recipe I found on about.com's southern foods recipes and will be serving with my easy cheesy mashed potatoes.   I call this one a "day off dish" because it takes more than an hour to prepare and serve, but it's worth the time involved.


Ingredients
3-4 lb pork loin
2 tsp pork seasoning blend (your choice--I used McCormick's)
1 c apple cider
1/3 c honey
1/2 c brown sugar

Directions
Preheat oven to 400.  To save cleanup, line a baking pan with heavy duty aluminum foil and place the roast on the foil.  Rub the pork loin all over with your seasoning, then roast for 20 minutes.  Combine the apple cider, honey, and brown sugar and mix well.

After 20 minutes, reduce heat to 325.  Roast for 60-90 minutes, basting frequently with the honey glaze until the internal temperature is about 155 degrees.  Let the roast rest for about 10 minutes before slicing.

And there you have it!  A simple, juicy pork roast your family will love.


No comments:

Post a Comment