Saturday, September 14, 2013

Beef Risotto


As you can see from this blog, risotto is one of my favorite side dishes.  It tastes complicated, but it is easy if you have patience.  Tonight I am making beef risotto to go with my Garlic Roast Beef, along with my bacon green beans.  The beefy, cheesy goodness is the perfect pairing for the juicy roast beef.

Ingredients
32 oz. beef broth
3 tbsp butter
1-2 cloves minced garlic
1 c arborio rice
1/2 cup parmigiano reggiano (grated)
Salt to taste

Directions
Bring beef broth to a boil in a sauce pan, then simmer on low.
Melt the butter in a separate pan over medium heat.  Add the minced garlic and sauté about one minute, stirring throughout.  Add the arborio rice and toast in the butter about 2 minutes, stirring constantly until it begins to become translucent.  Start adding broth to the rice mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring until it has been absorbed into the rice.


As it begins to look dry, stir in another 1/2 cup of broth.  Be patient!  I love to have my Nook there so I can read one-handed while I stir.  After you have added all of the beef broth, you should have a pan full of soft rice with a very slight bite to it.  Grate your cheese and stir it until it has melted throughout.  Season with salt to taste.  I let it rest for 10 minutes along with the roast beef, then served for a delicious meal.







No comments:

Post a Comment